Tuesday, January 20, 2015

REVIEW~~ SAFE BY RYAN MICHELE

18190234



Moving to Williamsfield, Georgia is not what she wants … it’s what she needs. An escape—from him.

After being brutally abused for years, Sadie seeks sanctuary and safety. But can she ever be safe when evil has his eyes on her from afar.

Landon doesn’t want a relationship. He’s been burned too badly to want anything more from a woman than the physical, but one look at Sadie and he’s rethinking everything. 

Can trust be formed when it’s been so beaten down? Can love conquer fears? What happens when evil doesn’t give up? Can Sadie ever really be safe?

**Please note. This book contains the very difficult subject of physical abuse and has a non-consensual sexual scene. It also has a very strong woman who learns to heal from these acts and finds the kind of love we all dream of having. 



I literally read this book right after the MC series. Normally I have a hard time getting into a sweeter book after a super alpha book, but wow!!!!

Sadie was an amazing girl. Her struggles really made this book seem real. Some books either play it up too much or not enough, but in Safe it felt so real and genuine.

Landon has his own struggles. I truly understand what it is like for him. He deals with things in a way to protect himself. His character is perfect for this book. I think I fell in love with him too. I feel like a book slut.

This book is well developed. I enjoyed how much the characters really fed off of the other. I am glad with the ending for the main characters, but I am so ready for the supporting characters to get their time. I couldn't tell you exactly how I feel without telling you why and to do that I'd give too much a way just know that the plot is awesome and just when you think you have it figured out it may smack ya again.












I'm a mom and a wife who works full time. I have a huge obsession with collecting paperbacks and reading. Becoming an author, wasn't exactly what I set out to do, it just happened. I needed something to help me get rid of the feeling of being 'just a mom' or 'just a wife' that was consuming me and writing became that outlet. My book(s) cover some tough issues which are hard for some readers to digest. I am grateful for every single one of you who read my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment